Counters & Hardware
Hardware Resources is our main source for hardware. Hardware Resources specializes in many cabinetry related products, most noteably are their knobs and pulls at an exceptional value.
Link to Website: http://www.hardwareresources.com/
Top knobs is our company’s choice of the best quality cabinet hardware. It was chosen by Sandwich Kitchens for its quality and presentation. The company slogan is “Specialists in Fine Decorative Hardware”. Top Knobs is for the most discerning clients.
These photos from the Top Knobs website are just a few of the many knobs and pulls that are available. View more at https://www.topknobs.com/
We specialize in granite and quartz counters. Other options can be acquired through Sandwich Kitchens
Shown at left is a Quartzite countertop in the color “Fantasy Brown” . This project was completed in the Town of Bourne.
Sandwich Kitchens works with a few counter fabricators (several listed below) :
- Boston Fabrication: 39 Franklin R. MCKay Rd., Attleboro (774) 331.2214
- Skyline Granite & Marble: 391 Wareham Street, Middleboro, Phone: (508) 947-4600
- American Stone: 160 Rosary Ln., Hyannis 508.778.1123
PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR RELEVANT COUNTERTOP DETAILS:
- Granite and marble come from the earth and are mined from quarries throughout the world in areas such as Brazil, India, Italy and New Hampshire.
- Kitchen counters, Entertaining areas, Flooring, Tub and shower surrounds, Fireplace surrounds and hearths.
- Granite withstands heat up to 1800 degrees. Although, thermal shock may change the color so please put something under hot items for prolonged heat duration. It is very hard & will not scratch, but it will dull your knives, so use a cutting board.
- Granite (porous) counters are sealed at installation with one coat. It is recommended that another coat be applied later the same day or shortly thereafter depending on manufacturer recommendations. Also, yearly maintenance of 1 coat is usually followed, depending on manufacturer recommendations. It must be kept sealed! It is also advised that you have a sealer in your possession prior to the install of countertop for application following installers departure (One sealer application is included in our price at install).
- Polish can be used at any time to create a shine. Don’t use a cleaner with ammonia such as Windex, as it will compromise the sealer. Mild soap & water is suggested for daily cleaning.
- Granite can break. It has natural fissures and veins. It is not suggested that you sit or stand on its surface.
Quartz is made from one of the hardest minerals on earth, quartz countertops are arguably the most durable option for kitchens. They’re also some of the most eye-catching. They come in a wide variety of colors, including fire-engine red and apple green, as well as earthy browns, blacks, and creams, with sparkles and veining for the look of granite or marble. But unlike natural-stone slabs, which are mined, these slabs are engineered in a factory. Their primary ingredient is ground quartz (about 94 percent), combined with polyester resins to bind it and pigments to give it color. For some designs, small amounts of recycled glass or metallic flecks are added to the mix. The resins also help make these counters stain and scratch resistant—and nonporous, so they never need to be sealed. Compare that with granite, the reigning king of high-end countertops, which typically requires a new protective top coat at least once a year. (AMY R. HUGHES – THIS OLD HOUSE MAGAZINE)
In the past, the biggest knock against quartz was that it lacked the patterns and color variations you get with natural stone. But that’s a moot point now, with all the manufacturers offering multihued slabs with enough flecks, swirls, and random patterning to make them almost indistinguishable from the real thing. They were once available only with a polished finish; now you can get one with a honed, sandblasted, or embossed treatment. So if it’s the look of matte limestone, textured slate, or glossy granite that you want, there’s a quartz countertop for you.
- Corbels (or another option) may be recommended for overhangs which exceed 12”
SEAM PLACEMENT & OTHER DETAILS
- Considerations include Size of slab, Counter shape, Access area where top is brought in and Weight for transport. Filled with a matching acrylic epoxy , Will not be overly visible. More obvious when choosing a granite with a lot of lines.
At Sandwich kitchens, we give you the opportunity to view your actual countertop slab. We do so, realizing that granite is a natural product which varies from piece to piece.
- Provide a diagram of your counter or we can come out to your home and measure.
- Sandwich Kitchens will provide an estimate of the cost.
- A deposit of 50% is made at template or before.
- Sink & faucet selection either through Sandwich Kitchens or elsewhere. We offer heavy 16 guage stainless steel sinks and triple plate satin nickel faucets w/high quality brass construction.
- Slab Wholesaler location is selected and Sandwich Kitchens will make appointment if necessary.
- Template appointment – granite specialist makes a pattern of your counter.
- Granite install is approximately 7 days later.
- Cabinets installed
- Appliances on site (out of boxes)
- Sinks on site (those being utilized)
- Faucets on site (those being utilized)
- Area clear
- All plumbing disconnected
- Unobstructed entrance to kitchen/space
- Counters will be installed
- Sink installed and secured to counters
- Faucet/soap dispenser etc. secured to counters (plumber to hook up sink/faucet plumbing etc., one day later once glues have been allowed to cure)
- Counters sealed at install